Pain relievers are medicines that reduce or relieve headaches, sore muscles, arthritis, or other aches and pains. There are many different pain medicines, and each one has advantages and risks. Some types of pain respond better to certain medicines than others. Each person may also have a slightly different response to a pain reliever.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines are good for many types of pain. There are two main types of OTC pain medicines: acetaminophen (Tylenol) and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Aspirin, naproxen (Aleve), and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) are examples of OTC NSAIDs.
If OTC medicines don't relieve your pain, your doctor may prescribe something stronger. Many NSAIDs are also available at higher prescription doses. The most powerful pain relievers are opioids. They are very effective, but they can sometimes have serious side effects. There is also a risk of opioids. Because of the risks, you must use them only under a doctor's supervision.
There are many things you can do to help ease pain. Pain relievers are just one part of a pain treatment plan.
Ibuprofen FDA Approved Drugs
- A method of treating a patient suffering from a pain associated sleep disturbance comprising administering a liquid composition formulated inside a soft gel capsule, as claimed, to the patient.
- Management of mild to moderate pain, management of moderate to severe pain as an adjunct to opioid analgesics in a critically ill patient with intravenous ibuprofen in need thereof.
- Management of mild to moderate pain, management of moderate to severe pain as an adjunct to opioid analgesics, reduction in fever through anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activity.
- Management of mild to moderate pain, management of moderate to severe pain as an adnunct to opioid analgesics, reduction in fever through anti inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activity.
- Methods of treating pain, inflammation and/or fever in a critically ill patient with intravenous ibuprofen in need thereof.
- Methods of treating pain, inflammation and/or fever with intravenous ibuprofen such that mean arterial blood pressure does not increase the dosage interval.
- Relief of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and to decrease risk of developing upper gastrointestinal ulcers in patients who are taking ibuprofen for those indications.
Vintage PharmsNov 6, 2006
Amneal Pharms NyMar 18, 2004
Actavis Labs Fl IncDec 31, 2003
Aurolife Pharma LlcJun 2, 2016
TevaApr 11, 2003
LnkJun 17, 2004
PerrigoJan 16, 2004
Actavis Mid AtlanticApr 30, 1999
Amneal PharmsAug 18, 2011
Hi-tech PharmacalNov 3, 2016
Perrigo R And DSep 23, 2004
TaroJun 23, 2017
Aiping Pharm IncMay 5, 2017
Amneal Pharms NyFeb 17, 1987
Avema PharmaNov 26, 2003
Contract PharmacalJul 1, 1988
Granules IndiaDec 10, 2010
Granules India LtdOct 7, 2016
Marksans PharmaFeb 1, 2011
McneilMar 30, 1994
Merro PharmOct 2, 1987
OhmJul 15, 1986
Par PharmSep 24, 1986
Strides PharmaApr 4, 2011
Vintage PharmsApr 1, 1987
L Perrigo CoDec 16, 1998
Tris Pharma IncAug 31, 2009